Thursday, June 23, 2011

Normal Massage Therapist

My back has been knotted and in spasms off an on for several weeks.  I had a few massages, did some yoga,  ate some muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory meds, laid on a heating pad and stretched every chance I could but nothing was releasing my stubborn muscles.  Sooooo after suffering, not so silently,  I decided it was way past time for me to visit with my chiropractor and get an adjustment. 

I have seen this fellow for several years off an on and over time we have developed a very friendly rapport.  We refer clients to each other and we have seen each other socially so our professional relationship is only part of the relationship that we have with each other.  Naturally we chit chat during our sessions and our conversations are not always patient/clinician based.  So today was nothing out of our normal visit.  We were talking about the inner workings of alternative medical offices, how some chiropractors had in-house massage therapists, how some offices had on-call massage therapists, and various other random topics quasi-related to our fields.  The conversation was very laid back and  nothing we talked about required my utmost concentration.

Just before my adjustment ended, he said "I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you are the most normal massage therapist I have ever known."  After I stopped belly laughing I said "And you are the second chiropractor to tell me that!".  

So in effort to fit in with the stereotypical massage gurus.....

Peace Out Man and don't bogart the brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment