Saturday, June 18, 2011

Massage Perks

As a massage therapist I have come to know several individuals that are connected with UK Athletics and I am lucky enough to score tickets to a  few home games each year.  My entire family bleeds blue so around basketball season I become very popular.  My relatives are always happy to take one of the tickets off my hands and they are willing to throw each other under the bus for said ticket.  The family has gotten to the point that they are on a rotation list for my extra tickets.  You know, trying to cut down on domestic violence and such.

So late one afternoon a client told me that he was not going to be able to use his tickets for the game that evening and asked me if I would like to use them.  I immediately said "YES!" and thanked him profusely.  As soon as he was out of my office I looked up the seat location online and found out they were floor level seats behind one of the baskets.  I was beyond bliss but I wanted to downplay the seats when I called my father to let him know it was his turn to be my guest to the game.  When I told him that I had an extra ticket and wanted to see if he would like to go to the game with me, he asked me where the seats were.  I cryptically told him that they were lower arena seats.  Typical of my dad, he asked if they were good seats.  Heaven forbid he would seem too excited about my offer.   I told him "Look, they are lower arena seats.  Are you seriously going to quibble with me over where they are when you are getting your ticket for free?".  And with that he chuckled and said he "reckoned" he would go with me.

We arrived at Rupp Arena and I guided him to our seats since I still had not shared their location with him.  When we sat down I waited for his reaction to our amazing seats.   Dad looked all around the arena and then he said "You tell that feller if you can't massage him, then I will for these seats."

No comments:

Post a Comment