Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wax On

So I was working on my gal pal who is a licensed esthetician, hairdresser, cosmetologist and massage therapist--Jane of all trades-- and I was asking if there were peak seasons and/or lulls in her line of work and if her fees were competitive with other salons.  Naturally waxing is busier in warmer seasons so she was gracious enough to share her insider tips with me.  

Being me, you knew I was going to ask about the Brazilian.  For those of you unaware of what this wax treatment does, it leaves your nether regions completely bald and silky smooth like a newborn babe.  And no, I have not had enough courage to try this.  Something about the whole hot wax being slathered on the hooha and then having all the hair yanked out by the roots is not the least bit appealing to me.  But apparently this is a very popular request and not just from ladies.  So of course I asked her how she handled Brazilian's for men.  She said "I charge $200".  Since the price for women was only $50 I asked why she charged so much more for the dude.   Her reply was priceless.  "To deter it" she said with the straightest face. 

LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment