Sunday, January 27, 2013

Soup's On

Today was just not my day.  I had already decided that it was going to be a sweats, bum on the couch, and relaxation kind of day.  So after my shower I donned my sweats, made my way to the sofa, and started watching television.  All was right with the world until my lunch arrived.

I was sitting Indian-style (sorry for not being PC) on the sofa when Hubby brought me a bowl of soup and some crackers.  I was holding my soup bowl in one hand and as I reached for the crackers with my free hand, I lost my grip and everything went sailing up,  then it crashed down and splattered all over my lap.  When I started screaming obsenities my husband assumed I was upset that our new couch was going to be stained.  This was not the case.  The super hot soup had hit my bare feet and  it was burning something fierce.  But this was not the only thing that got burned.....

I jumped up and started ripping my sweatpants off, dancing around the living room, and screeching because the soup had splashed in my lap and scalded my hoo-ha.  Hubby was watching me with a mixture of horror and amusement when he realized exactly what I was screaming about.  While I ran screaming into the bathroom to examine my injuries, he was kind enough to clean the couch.

When I returned from the bathroom.....wearing my second set of sweats....limping across the room, Hubby suggested an ice pack for my burns.  Imagine my surprise when he handed me a bag of frozen broccoli and told me to sit on it.  But ya know what?  I sat down, took that bag of green pieces and plopped it on all my red parts and sighed in relief.

The lesson of this story--besides the obvious one of eating at the table?  Broccoli, it's not just for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment