Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Too Many Forks and Peter Pan Hats

Many years ago my husband and I decided to take our boys to a really nice restaurant to celebrate Father's Day.  Since the boys were six and three, this was going to be an iffy venture, but brave souls that we are, we all donned our finest duds and headed out for dinner.

We were seated in a large room at the rear of the restaurant....guessing the hostess was afraid small boys and fine dining was not a good combination.  As we were settling in my six year old noticed the hunter green linen napkins folded into a pyramids on everyone's plates.  He excitedly said "Wow!  We all get Peter Pan hats here?"  Needless to say he was sorely disappointed when I told him it was just a napkin and placed it unfolded in his wee lap.

The youngest boy was taking in all his surroundings as well.  He said "Mommy, why did they give me two forks?"  Before I could answer him his older and oh so much wiser brother said "In case you drop one, DUH!"

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY and may you always have an extra fork!


No comments:

Post a Comment