Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Heard This Week on the Massage Table

Client finishing his cell phone call  as he enters my office says "Okay, I have a doctor appointment at noon so I will call you back in a bit."

Me: "You realize that I have to charge you double since you said you were seeing a doctor?"



Client as I am stretching the psoas:  "That hurts like hell!"
Client several hours later in a text:  "Just wanted to let you know I can bend over and touch my toes, please we have to do that again.  First time in a long time I could do that."



Client:  "When I was here the last time I didn't think you were pressing down very hard and that I might not feel anything.  The next morning I woke up just a tiny bit sore and thanked God that you know what you're doing.  If you had mashed harder I would have really been sore!"



Me:  "It's awesome that you are able to relax enough to let me really work deeply on those tight spots."

Client:  "I can't wait to tell my husband that I do something really well.....how great is it that I can get massages better than other people?"




Client:  "I have to ask....why sometimes you work through the sheet and other times you don't, I assume there is a reason?"

Me:  "Well, I start out palpating the body with the sheet on so I get a general feel for the body.  Then I am of the opinion that leaving bums draped makes people feel less exposed and vulnerable.  I mean how comfy would you have felt earlier if I had dropped my elbow right next to your crack without that sheet being there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment