Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Manly Shade of Pink

A nice man called and booked an appointment with me for back pain.  When he arrived and introduced himself I was met by a strong, strapping fellow that had came straight from his workout.  After concluding that there was nothing substantial in his client intake other than his reconstructive knee surgery, I began his massage.

Throughout the massage session we chatted about random things, including how he injured his knee by jumping on a trampoline at a child's birthday party.  He shared this horrible but comical story with me and we both were laughing hysterically by the story's end.  The massage then progressed normally until I was ready to massage his feet.  When I moved the sheet back and reached for his foot I noticed that his toenails were painted a lovely shade of bubblegum pink.  My very masculine client said "I know what you must be thinking, but there is a very good reason that my toenails are polished.  My 4 year old daughter was polishing her own toenails and decided that she needed to polish my nails as well."  Without missing a beat I said "Uh huh, that's what I would say too."

Two years later I still check his toenails and tease him.  I have great clients!

No comments:

Post a Comment