Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two For One

Last week I had a young girl come for her first ever massage.  She had injured her ankle earlier this year and had just been out of her walking boot for about a week, so her mom asked if I could give her a 30-minute massage to help speed up the healing.  Since it was her first massage I invited her mother and younger sister to sit in the treatment room with us while the massage was underway.

As normal, I turned the lights down low and played one of my relaxing "massage music" cd's.  The little sister was seated in my papasan chair, which is a great nap inducer on it's own--never mind the dim lights and soothing music!  Within 5 minutes I heard snoring from the chair.  I made eye contact with the mom and we both smiled.  Another 5 minutes passed and my massage client began to snore as well.  I looked at their mother and said "Would you like to borrow that cd?  Apparently it is magic.".

I have had clients fall asleep on the massage table before, but the two for one action was a first for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment