Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Piercing or Something Else?

Last week, I went for my annual mammogram.  Unlike most women, I find mammograms rather uneventful.  But then again I am not modest in the least and have no problems having my "girls" picked up and squished  flat as pancakes.  In fact the only mildly annoying part of the procedure is that I cannot wear deodorant or lotion until after the procedure is completed.  As most hormonal, backside-of-40 women can tell you....hot flashes and a lack of deodorant can be problematic.  This thought was what preoccupied me on that day.

As soon as the test was completed I dashed into the dressing room and sprayed my sweaty pits with deodorant.  I was on a mission to get out of there and in my haste I completely zoned out and forgot to remove the indicators that were placed on my nipples.  Many hours passed and this detail still had not entered my mind until Hubby hugged me.  As he hugged me his eyes got really big and he exclaimed "OH MY GOD!  Did you pierce your nipples for my birthday present?" 

I am not sure which was worse.  Him thinking I would actually get my nips pierced or me walking around oblivious to the fact that I had the guides still attached.

3 comments:

  1. I just busted out laughing. Thank you for making my Wednesday morning a little more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your comment and glad to have given you a chuckle!

      Delete