Thursday, September 20, 2012

Heard This Week on the Massage Table

This has been a very busy week in politics.  I lost two Facebook friends because I pointed out a falsehood that was being posted about Obama.  Luckily I was not alone in this matter.  One of my clients has a brilliant teenage son who fought the good fight for Obama as well.  His mom told me that her entire family, other than herself and her spouse, were die hard Republicans.  She told me that she had raised her son to be open-minded and to not believe everything he heard about politicians.  My client explained that several of her family members were in the habit of posting lies about Obama and she tried to ignore them.  But her son was not as forgiving.  He took it upon himself to point out the falsehoods.to his family....without clearing this with his mom.  My client said to the boy's credit, he had researched matters and posted the facts as to where he had found the true statistics.  But needless to say their family was not happy about the situation and her phone rang all night with angry family members calling to complain about the boy.  I kinda love that kid!


One of my lovely senior ladies was good enough to share a story about her job as a dean at UK.  She told me that she was dean during the time when the Kent State tragedy took place.  She said that when a fire was set nearby on the UK campus, the National Guard were called in for precautionary measures.  She and several others were quarantined overnight.  She chuckled as she recalled phoning her husband to tell him about the events.  She told him that she was safe but she would not be able to come home that evening and as an afterthought she informed him that the Junior League meeting was to be held at their house that evening so he would need to get her strawberry shortcake out and make sure the meeting went off in her absence.  I kinda love that lady's perkiness!


As I leaned my elbow into a tight muscle my client said "Did you learn that move at massage school or Gitmo?"


One of my clients that is a realtor said "I told my husband that Joker better list his house now as it was not going to be a short-sell and he was not going to be here much longer."



Text message:   "When can you see me chick?"



No comments:

Post a Comment