Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chicken Chow.......

Last night my husband and I dined at a Chinese buffet.  We feasted until our bellies were quite full, so full in fact that I could not imagine dessert fitting anywhere in my already bloated abdomen.  Luckily for me, the desserts at this joint are generally the same quality food as your elementary school cafeteria "sweets", so I can usually pass on the dessert.  Hubby is not as discriminating in his taste so he tends to get their version of ice cream.  Meaning soft serve, semi-frozen, bland milk product.  And last night was to be no exception to this ~except~ he also returned to our table with a gigantic stack of sugar cookies. 

"Hungry much?," I asked before rolling my eyes and laughing.  Hubby frowned at me and ever so slowly took his cookie stash from the plate and carefully stuffed them in his cargo shorts pocket.  I started laughing harder and asked "What?  Are those for later?".   Hubby ate his sherbet and ignored me.

When we arrived home Hubby walked to our backyard with much purpose.  He pulled out the cookies and began feeding our chickens.  He glanced at me and said "You really didn't think I was going to eat those did you?".  I quipped "Who knew?  I guess when you go to a Chinese restaurant you don't get chicken chow mein--you just opt for the chicken chow."

No comments:

Post a Comment