Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF

Ever have one of those days?  I have had one of those weeks and I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that my work week is just about over.

I have not been feeling very well for about a week now.  I have never been one to underachieve so why would I settle for getting the every day run of the mill bug?   What started out as allergies, moved into a sinus infection and just yesterday when I returned to the doctor's office to complain that my Z pack was not working.....I was diagnosed with MONO and a nasty ear infection.  So go me!  Not only did the doc give me a new antibiotic--she also scripted me some horrific ear drops.  Let me just say that I can totally relate to my dog now.  I shivered and shook my head when those babies went in my ear canal and tugged on the cotton balls for hours.  Empathy, thy name is Kim.

So the doctor assured me that I was not contagious and could continue working if I wanted.  Well, my first client was okay with seeing me.  The second client--I felt it better to cancel as she just finished a round of chemo and her immune system was weakened.  My next client could not get off the phone fast enough when I explained my situation--like I was transferring that "kissing disease" through the airwaves! 

So with my work load lightened, I decided to tackle defrosting the office mini fridge.  The tiny little freezer section has been growing into a glacier for some time now and was threatening to take over the place.  In lieu of an ice pick I began chipping away with a screwdriver.  This was working great.....right up to the point when I dislodged a rather large chunk of ice and ruptured the coolant doohickey.  My face and chest were  sprayed with freon and thanks to the ice shifting I could not get the damn door closed so I got nice soaking.  So this is me signing off to go buy a new fridge.  TGIFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment