Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Super Shopper is Super Annoying

This weekend I ventured out to Walmart for a few items and as usual I left the store with more items than I really meant to buy.  I usually give my business to Meijer as they stock more Made in the USA products, but Walhalla was on the same side of town as my gym so it was supposed to be a quicker trip.  Alas quicker was not in the cards for me.  I had the terrible misfortune of getting in the checkout line behind Suzy Super Shopper. 

Suzy was decked out in pink stretch polyester from head to toe to accentuate her not so girlish figure.  Her little cat eye glasses were sitting on the tip of her nose so she could peer over the lenses at all of her items while she fastidiously compared their prices with the Meijer sales flyer she was clutching.  After each item was scanned she would peruse her flyer and then point out Meijer's price so the Walmart clerk would discount her items to match the price Meijer was advertising.  Now let me just say that I am not frugal by any stretch of the imagination but I do use coupons and from time to time I will ask stores to match their competitor's prices.  But a whole cart, really?  I thought ole Suzy was going a bit over the top...... and may or may not have mumbled this and a few other four-letter words as I pulled my cart out of the now stalled checkout line.

So besides a need to vent my frustration, here is my question.  If you have that many stinking items that you are demanding price matching on, why in the hell didn't you go to Meijer in the first place?  Suzy, are you listening?  How about you do the rest of us a favor and quit holding up the checkout lines so you can save a penny or two on your canned peas and toilet paper?  Then maybe--just maybe..... you should consider taking your ass to Meijer next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment