Saturday, October 27, 2012

Why I Love Being a Massage Therapist

When I am asked what I like most about being a massage therapist,  I usually answer that I enjoy making people feel better.  While this is true,  the following are a few other reasons I love my job.

 1.  I get to see some really cool tattoos that most people never get a glimpse of.  Yesterday I got to elbow drop Jesus.....not my fault he was inked over a tight shoulder blade.

 2.  I get to play This Lil Piggy with adults.  Of course I never say the words out loud.

 3.  I get to practice pro wrestling holds and occasionally my clients yell out in submission.

4.  I get to go all  Bruce Lee and karate chop the heck out of people.

 5.  I get to see who does or does not shave their legs during cold months.  Not judging!  I refer to my own lack of shaving as growing my winter coat.          
       
 6.  I get to mess people's hair up and sometimes I get really motivated and I get to pull their hair.

 7.  Sometimes I hear snap, crackle and pops but it is coming from the body on my massage table.

 8.  When I get a pervert on my massage table I can push on places that cause so much pain it instantly     takes his mind out of the gutter.  Sexual harassment takes on a whole new meaning.   
         
 9.   I get to work in a dark room with soothing music and a heated table.....can you say nap enticement?

10.  I never get dry skin on my arms and hands as I get properly lubed up while I work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment