Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Knock Knock LMT Calling

Last week one of my therapists had a work-related problem that required my advice.  In order to consult with me, the therapist had to interrupt my session.  I was working with an elderly gentleman that has been a fantastic client for several years.  My very understanding client suggested that I excuse myself from his massage and handle the issue.  So I left the room and dealt with the semi-crisis.

When I returned to my treatment room I assumed that I would find my client lying on the table where I left him.  It was mildly shocking to open the door to my room and find my massage table empty.  It was more than a little shocking when I realized that my client was standing near the back of the room chatting on his cell phone buck naked.  I quickly backed out of the room and had a good chuckle.  After giving him a few minutes to compose himself, I returned to our session and resumed his massage without acknowledging the incident.  My client was a bit more unsettled than I so he felt compelled to break the silence and make sure that I did not think he was being improper.  I laughed and told him that I knew it was completely innocent and that he had taught me a lesson.......

Never assume and always KNOCK FIRST!

1 comment: